Originally posted on Scottevest.com:
The SeV Tropiformer Jacket/Vest: Designed to Help You Get Loaded!
Chocolate and peanut butter. Simon and Garfunkel. Tropical and Transformer. Welcome to the ultimate tech clothing mashup… 51% two-part harmony, 51% Thunderdome face-off, 110% awesome. We collaborated with our good friends at ThinkGeek on our first jacket re-mix, the Tropiformer. It combines a TROPIcal weight fabric and magnetically-attached TransFORMER Sleeves to create the TROPIFORMER Jacket. (More clever than swirled ice cream and more powerful than Voltron!)
With 22 strategically placed pockets, the Tropiformer was designed specifically to help you get loaded. By “you,” we mean you, and by “get loaded,” we mean get your pockets loaded with all the stuff that you need to make it through the day, the airport, or the jungle (concrete or otherwise). Destined to be the ultimate undercover travel jacket for gadget-lovers, you could easily pass as a local at first glance, but under the surface have a carry-on worth of discreet storage in your pockets. Pickpockets hate it, geeks love it and passersby will swoon. Some airlines are even letting people wearing SCOTTEVEST instead of using a carry-on board planes first. Seriously.
This is why the Tropiformer deserves a place of honor on your back:
- Transformer Sleeves: the jacket’s sleeves are removable, and are held in place by tech friendly magnets to make it incredibly easy to transform your jacket into a vest and back again. Perfect for changing weather and that seat right under the A/C vent.
- Futuristic Materials: meticulous attention has been given to the selection of a luxurious, high tech fabric and a subtle mesh back that is super lightweight, extremely comfortable, and breathable. The jacket feels like a water resistant “second skin” (since gadgets don’t like water) and you’ll never mind wearing it in a variety of temperatures, hot or cold. The stowable hood zips into the collar when not in use, for even more climatic versatility.
- iPad Pocket: less cuddly than pulling a rabbit from a hat, but far more practical, the PadPocket™ is one step away from magical.
- Quick Draw pocket: clear touch material lets you not only see, hear and operate a touchscreen phone through the clear pocket, but you don’t even need to take your hand out of your pocket to do it.
- Locking pocket for the slightly paranoid: a one-way, locking zipper pull protects an internal pocket-within-a-pocket, making your wallet, passport and valuables extra safe from pickpockets. In fact, we guarantee they won’t steal your stuff.
- Patented Personal Area Network (PAN) for headphone wire and power management: it not only works to route headphones, but also lets you put a battery pack in one pocket and charge devices in your other pockets. Freedom is constantly topping off.
- Packable: the entire jacket can easily be packed into itself, making it perfect for travel. Unpack, give it a shake, and put it on… virtually wrinkle-free.
- The Difference is Inside™: a ton of other hidden pockets to carry all your tech gadgets without any bulges, and with everything balanced thanks to the integrated Weight Management System.
- We have also designed our own proprietary, high quality zipper pulls, and we indicate the intended use for each pocket with a tiny icon. So you never get lost in your own clothes, an attached eyeglass chamois is printed with a “pocket map” showing the location of all the pockets. Yes, there are enough pockets that you need a treasure map, Long John Silver!
- 100% Water-resistant Polyester
So… how loaded are you going to get in this Tropiformer Jacket?